Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Trevor Herriot: The Road is How — Regina Launch

Because Trevor Herriot sent me a poster for the May 15th Regina launch of his new book The Road is How (HarperCollins)...

Because I was oh-so-fortunate to read a draft of The Road is How...

Because I love books about nature and walking (there is a whole sub-genre of Camino books in my basement)...

Because, yes, I really enjoyed this great book! ...

Here is the invite to the launch of Trevor Herriot's The Road is How, at the Royal Saskatchewan Museum, Thursday May 15. Doors open at 7:00 p.m.; the event starts at 7:30 p.m. and features a reading by Trevor, photos by Dennis Evans, and a discussion between them about walking and the human spirit.


Regina launch of Trevor Herriot's new book, The Road is How 

Trevor explains that this, his latest book, 
"traces a three-day walk down one of my favourite prairie roads leading away from Regina, blending observations of the ordinary and the extraordinary with conversations at roadside and in memory. Along the way, the stories weave together history, ecology, and spirituality as I try to listen more deeply to the birds and other living things I encounter. There are many side-trips, but the narrative returns always to the straight road and its questions about desire and the bonds of love, family, community, and place."  
Book sales and signing to follow. Cash bar hosted by Friends of the Royal Saskatchewan Museum. Yes, should be fun. 
(And look! A Margaret Atwood comment on the poster! Atwood's Ode To No, about denying blurb requests, has been making the social media rounds lately. For more background on the Ode, see Question 2 in the FAQs on MargaretAtwood.ca.)

~~~~~

4 comments:

  1. Wow, oh-so-fortunate is right! I wish I had such fortune! Fortune aside, I look forward to buying this book. A book by Trevor Herriot is always a 'profound and moving journey.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shelley (and Brenda) for the kind words. And Shelley--I made several changes based on your careful read of the mss. I will be giving you a finished copy (they just arrived today!) and I think you will see that there have been some important changes from the draft you read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Trevor! I'm really looking forward to reading it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...